Friday, January 1, 2016

2016 Resolutions

The following is an obligatory post regarding New Year's Resolutions.

Haha. Sorry, I was trying to be funny....


Bring on the New Year! As I'm sure most people are, the fresh start of a new year is something I always look forward to. I love making New Year's Resolutions, although, I'm sure I'm not the only one who struggles to stick with them. Even so, I thought I'd jot them down here and see what happens. Maybe we'll revisit this page at the end of 2016 and see how things went.

Goal # 1: Lose weight.
Doesn't everybody and their mama say this at the beginning of every year? I'm pretty sure I said it in 2015, and well, it's on the list again because it didn't go well. This is really going to have to be a lifestyle change for me. I've got to be more conscious of what I'm eating and get a lot more movement in my life each day.

Goal # 2: Make more time for friends.
This is going to be harder because we are moving further away from everyone we associate with. But I really want to purpose to make time to spend with our friends, and for it to be meaningful.

Goal # 3: Get Cooper ready for school. 
Cooper will not start actual kindergarten until the fall of 2017 because his birthday is in December. I want to get him completely ready with all the knowledge and skills he needs to start school by the time he turns five. 

Goal # 4: Run a 5K.
I need to get in shape and this is the goal I am going to work towards. 

Goal # 5: Read more books.
I love to read, and I have the tendency to read the same books over and over again. I want to read more books. And real books, not eBooks (not that there's anything wrong with eBooks, but nothing compares to holding an actual book in hand).





No comments:

Post a Comment