Saturday, April 23, 2016

New Years Resolutions Revisited

I went back and read my New Year's Resolutions post, and I just laughed. So I thought I'd share an "update" of sorts on how the resolutions are going.

Goal # 1: Lose weight.

Hahaha! Well, seeing as I'm pregnant.... I'm just going to cancel this one. I'll likely deliver the baby the last week of August. Then 6-8 weeks of recovery (since it will most likely be a c-section delivery) leaves November and December to lose weight before the end of 2016. And of course, we have Thanksgiving and Christmas in there, known around these parts as "eatin' holidays" so I seriously doubt I'll see any success in this department. But hey, at least I have a legitimate excuse.

Goal # 2: Make more time for friends.

I haven't done great at this, and that sucks. We've hosted a couple cookouts, and been to a couple, but with pregnancy and sickness among every other member of the family, we just haven't had the gumption to get out and do things with friends. I'm hoping this summer will be better.

Goal # 3: Get Cooper ready for school.

This one is going pretty well. He's doing great with the little learning things we have been doing. He will be having some evaluations with our local school system soon for some social/behavioral stuff he's got going on, so he'll get even more help in that department. He's also going to start Pre-K this fall, so we're looking forward to that.

Goal # 4: Run a 5K.

Well, that's not gonna happen.

Goal # 5: Read more books.

I haven't picked up a new book all year. I've re-read a couple of my favorites, but I haven't gotten any new ones. I need to get on that.  Any suggestions? I'm into autobiographies and memoirs.




No comments:

Post a Comment