Friday, April 8, 2016

SUYL: Organizing Tips

I'm linking up over at Kelly's Korner today for Show Us Your Life and today's topic is cleaning and organizing tips and tricks.

I'm not really sure, but I would kinda guess this would fall under organizing, although it's kinda not.


Anywho...

The number one thing I hate the most is cleaning leftovers out of the fridge. I can't stand having to throw away food. It's just so wasteful. We would save leftovers with the intentions of eating them, taking them for lunch, etc, but the food would just sit in the fridge. And after a few days, I'd have to throw it out.

Then, I figured it out. We weren't eating it because it wasn't convenient to have to heat up a big batch of food, or to dish out portions to heat up a plate. (Yes, I realize how lazy that is, but that's what the deal was.)

So I invested in a ton of separated or portioned plasticware containers, like the ones below. When I put up leftovers, I go ahead and divide them up into meal sized portions. It definitely takes a lot more work when putting up the leftovers after dinner. But it makes eating them a piece of cake! Just take out one container, pop that baby in the microwave (or into a lunchbox) and you're ready to eat!


Now, we rarely throw away leftovers. We're eating them, and now that's one less thing I have to deal with. And we aren't being wasteful!

Hope this little tidbit might be helpful to someone. Thanks for stopping by!!

1 comment:

  1. I love these things except they stopped selling them. I got a different brand off of amazon that are much sturdier. I use them for lunches. I make 3 to 4 lunches on Sunday and my 8 year old just grabs one each day. I am going to buy more as my youngest starts school next year.

    ReplyDelete